Saturday 5 June 2010

David Tennant - Step 1

Ok, I thought I'd post my progress as I go with this model. I've not had to trim any flash or mould lines from this miniature, as the person I bought it from on eBay had already done this for me, so I could skip straight to the fun :). After glueing it to the base, I just had to do the usual trick of undercoating/priming it with Chaos Black Spraypaint (from Games Workshop - bought from http://www.giftsforgeeksretail.co.uk/ at 20% off of Games Workshop's prices - a bargain, I would say....), making sure that no metal was showing through.


Now onto getting the base colours on. On the suit, I've basecoated it with Necron Abyss - a very dark purple/blue colour which will provide a good shade in the folds of the material. The coat was painted with Charadon Granite, which, although may seem a little light in colour, is perfect for what I want for the final effect. His face was done with Tallarn Flesh and the White areas (Shirt and Converses) with Astronomicon Grey. Note that although his tie will be red, I'll do that later when I start on the detail. Lastly, the hair was done with Scorched Brown. nb, I am using Citadel Paints as I know exactly what effect I'll get with them as I've been painting with them for all of my modelling life, by all means use others if you feel more comfortable.




Ok, next I'll start the highlighting - this is where he'll start to come to life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment