Friday 4 June 2010

With Great Models Comes Great Responsibility...

Ok, firstly, I must apologise for paraphrasing Spider-man, but anyone who paints gaming minaitures will surely understand the sentiment.



I've been painting Space Wolves recently, but decided to take a short break from them as constant blue-grey and grey-blue (eat your heart out, Bob Newheart - see Defusing a Bomb) was sending my eyes funny and driving me ever closer to insanity.



So, after 15 years of almost exclusively painting models for use in Warhammer or its sister games, I've decided to tak e up a new challenge - models based on real people (kind of). I know, to many people, this would seem like heresy, but, then, I've come across http://www.heresyminiatures.com/ - producers of unofficial Doctor Who gaming miniatures. Let me put this into perspective: I'm 29, I'm British, I grew up with my arse firmly planted in front ot the television at 6.25 on Saturday night on BBC1 from the age of just a few months old, and my earliest memory is of the Master being dragged back into what I now know was Castrovalva - I was literally only scant few months of age when this was first shown, and without the aid of any form of video recorder until I was 5 - I know: DARK AGES!!! - it shows the effect that the series had on me. Hell, for years I even dreamed of owning my own pet Dalek - a dream which was then realised in 2005 when Character Options brought out their 12" Radio controlled Dalek for the relaunched series.


So, my latest mission begins - IT'S TIME TO PAINT THE DOCTOR!

I shall keep you updated with my progress as I go on...

No comments:

Post a Comment